Situated in the quaint village of Llanelidan opposite the Church of St Elidan, a 15 th Century Martyr, The Leyland Arms is the focal point of the Village and part of the Nant Clwyd Estate. Originally a working farm, The house, barns, sty’s and cowsheds were converted to how the grade11 listed Pub is today, maintaining much of the original features such as the slate floors and oak beams. Its history can be traced back to 1354.
In Addition to a well stocked Bar the Pub offers an intimate Dining experience in the Restaurant, or for larger groups in “The Shoot Room”. There are two extensive outdoor beer gardens where the children can play, feed the horses, or watch the Cricket team on Sundays. Fresh food is available along with Pizza & Burger Night on Thursdays and Steak Night on Fridays. Sunday Lunch is also available every week along with a selection of Real Ales, Wines and Spirits.
17:00 - 23:00
17:00 - 23:00
17:00 - 01:00
12:00 - 01:00
The Leyland Arms is a Grade II listed building in the community of Llanelidan near Ruthin, which dates back to 1354. It exists principally to maintain the local community and provide a social hub for the residents of the village. The public house occupies a prime position in the small village of Llanelidan. The entrance to the Leyland Arms can be found through the courtyard behind the main building. Once inside the building there are ceiling beams and a wood burning fire which together provide a setting that corresponds to the small bar. The pub is situated immediately south of St Elidan's church in the village of Llanelidan an just opposite the church. The church - uniquely dedicated to a local saint - stands beside the Leyland Arms, surrounded by yews and old Welsh tombstones. Built in the 15th century and ‘double-naved’ in the distinctive local style, it retains many medieval features despite extensive Victorian restoration.
The small village community of Llanelidan is located within the valley of Afon Y Maes in the Vale of Clwyd. The church, village hall and pub all lie within 200 yards of each other overlooking the village cricket ground and pavilion. Also in the village centre is King George's field, land belonging to the Nantclwyd Estate, but available for use by villagers. The southernmost tip of the community is marked by Bwrdd y Tri Arglwydd (the table of the three lords), an ancient stone monument marking the point where the lordships of Ruthin, Glyndyfrdwy and Yale met. It is currently the meeting point between the communities of Llanelidan, Bryneglwys, Corwen and Gwyddelwern.